Thursday, May 19, 2011

Top 10 Rainiest Cities


Spring is nearly a month old and it seems all it ever does is rain. We can probably count the number of "nice days" we've had on one hand. But we don't have it so bad. No city in Connecticut is even in the top 10 in terms of rainfall amount. According to a study performed in 2007, here are the top 10 rainiest cities in America.

The 10 rainiest cities in the U.S. by amount of annual rainfall include:
  1. Mobil Ala.: 67 inches average annual rainfall; 59 average annual rainy days
  2. Pensacola, Fla.: 65 inches average annual rainfall; 56 average annual rainy days
  3. New Orleans, La.: 64 inches average annual rainfall; 59 average annual rainy days
  4. West Palm Beach, Fla.: 63 inches average annual rainfall; 58 average annual rainy days
  5. Lafayette, La.: 62 inches average annual rainfall; 55 average annual rainy days
  6. Baton Rouge, La.: 62 inches average annual rainfall; 56 average annual rainy days
  7. Miami, Fla.: 62 inches average annual rainfall; 57 average annual rainy days
  8. Port Arthur, Texas: 61 inches average annual rainfall; 51 average annual rainy days
  9. Tallahassee, Fla.: 61 inches average annual rainfall; 56 average annual rainy days
  10. Lake Charles, Louisiana: 58 inches of rainfall; 52 average rainy days.
By comparison cities across CT gets a little more than 44 inches of rain each year, according to the study.


1 Comments:

Blogger Brown-eyed Girl said...

I hate living in sunny California! I hate the sun! When the suns comes out, I go in. Yes, I stay indoors most of the time. I lovvvvvvve rain. I wanna live where it rains a lot. NOT snow. Just rain.

Lots of people envy me because I'm a California girl. But, to me, it's a curse. A real curse. I really do hate summer. I dread when summer comes and I really do freak when I hear the radio say it's going to be in the 90s. I keep my curtains closed and I prepare my bed with light sheets and get my shower things ready because I will take several showers a day; that's how hot and miserable I am. I don't even dry myself because the heat will dry me in 10 minutes!!! TEN MINUTES!!!!!!!!! :( Oh, it's so awful being in California.

If I had money, I would definitely move to a rainy city. I would be so happy! I really would. :D I'm always asking people, "Where does it rain a lot?" No one ever says in California. California is my heart, even tho, I hate it here. There HAS to be a place in California where it rains a lot.

I go outside when it's raining. I love pretty raindrops hitting me. I don't wear a raincoat. I feel sooo good and safe in the rain. I love getting wet. It's fun to me. I drive around in my car and watch the raindrops hit my windshield. It's so pretty when it rains. I always walk slow when it rains. And I am the only person who leaves the store when it's raining a lot, while the other customers wait inside the store, near the exit, waiting for the rain to stop. Silly people! I go right pass them and walk slow with my cart. I love it! I only regret that my items are wet and maybe ruined. Lucky that the items are in tight packages. :)

Oh, raindrops... I love you so... Raindrops, you are my heart. You are my Heaven. I love you.

August 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home